12 Reasons to Hire Halflight for Your Party
1. We’re not cheesy or embarrassing – you’ll be proud of your decision to hire us. In fact, if you read our huge list of reviews, you’ll see that one common theme is that ‘everybody said how great you were’.
2. We’re reasonably priced. We charge very reasonable rates considering the demand we’re in, and our quality. We lower our prices at off-peak times of the year too. You can hire us as an acoustic duo for weddings, a as a trio for birthdays and celebrations or as full 4-piece configuration any time.
3. We have over 15 years of experience playing together. The majority of us have been playing together since high-school! This is opposed to some function bands that are composed of random musicians put together for a night’s work. We’re tight, and we know how eachother play, and that makes for a better band.
4. We’re professional, personal, friendly and courteous in our approach. We aim to make booking the band the easiest part of your wedding planning.
5. We play a wide selection of styles to make sure everyone’s tastes are catered for, hand-picked to keep that dancefloor full all night, whether it’s Stevie Wonder or The Killers. Check out our setlist.
6. We can learn a first dance for you which can be more memorable than simply playing a track from MP3 or CD. Check out some of the first dances we’ve played for ideas.
7. We have all our own gear including PA and lighting – no need to hire anything else. Check out our equipment.
8. We provide music to be played between and after our sets at no additional cost. Alternatively, you can give us your own playlist through Spotify or on an iPod or phone, or simply send us a few requests to include.
9. We can provide microphones for announcements or speeches.
10. We’re highly experienced with live sound so we can create great sound for your venue’s acoustics.
11. We’re based in Bristol in the South West, but we’ll play anywhere in the South West as long as there’s a bed and travel expenses are covered.
12. You can book us directly, so your money goes on a quality act, rather than an agent’s fee. You’ll find us more affordable than many bands booked through an agency, who place up to 20% on top of the band’s fee.
13. You can come and meet us at our rehearsal studio to hear us play and ask us anything, or just listen to us play before you hire us. Great!